In this section, I will try to keep current avenues for resisting online, by phone, e-mail, fax and assemblies.
"From 'Left Turn Only" "Make this your morning ritual. Call 844-241-1141. A recording will tell you what today's issue is then automatically connect you with a congressional representative to leave a message. It's so easy and quick! Today we are calling Republican members of the House Judiciary Committee to demand an inquiry into 45's ties to Russia. Please do this and share.Together we can make a difference."
New App 5 Calls MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD
Turn your passive participation into active resistance. Facebook likes and Twitter retweets can’t create the change you want to see. Calling your Government on the phone can.
Spend 5 minutes, make 5 calls.
Do something different, send a fax from your computer for free. Flood their offices with enough paper that they can't ignore: This is the easiest, quickest and most effective way you make your voice heard.
Go to FaxZero and enter the name and fax number of the representative you wish to contact. Add a short message. You can get the fax online from their contact page. You can do 5 free a day and many congressional leaders have several offices. DO DAILY FOR THE ISSUE you are concerned about. More info
Find local groups and actions at Indivisible
Find out how and where to swing the House back in 2018 at Swing Left.
Then we need to get money out of Congress so go to Justice Democrats and sign up for an amendment. Then don't forget to forward to all your contacts and have them forward to their contacts.
Working with Justice Democrats is Brand New Congress
Did you know that many elections only have one person running, usually a Republican, so if you want to run or know someone and need help, go to Run for something
Then the Women's March has a project "10 Actions in the First 100 Days Keep this handy for your contributing to marches.
Don't forget Move On, a leader who started it all and they need support. Visit their website.
Bernie Sanders web site Our Revolution for more opportunities.
On Daily Kos I write under Nail keg
Update from Ben Wideman, a Mennonite pastor in Pennsylvania about a visit to his Republican senator's office:
Just got back from a visit to Senator Pat Toomey's Johnstown office with 15 other Borough of State College & Penn State area people to talk about the immigration ban.
Here are my takeaways:
1. Everyone we spoke with was rattled. They have never experienced this much constant feedback. The phones haven't stopped since the Inauguration and they admitted they can't check voicemail because there is no pause to do so.
2. Letters are the only thing getting through at this point
[Note: I've heard that postcards are better because they can impound letters for five weeks to check for contaminants]. Regional offices are a much better mail destination because the compile, sort, and send everything. DC mail is so backed up right now it takes twice as long to send things there.
3. Toomey's staff seem frustrated with Trump. They said his barrage of Executive Orders are not how government is supposed to work, and was what they hated during moments of the Obama era. One of them said, "we have a democratic system and process. Trump needs to stop behaving like a Monarch."
4. Our representatives are listening because people are raising their voices. This feels like no other political moment in recent time for them.
5. Toomey's staffers are far more empathetic than I assumed. Also far more technology illiterate (one asked me how to use twitter, and how we already knew about Toomey's published statement). They resonate that the immigration ban feels immoral and unAmerican.
6. Regional offices are not designed to handle this volume of unrest.
7. Personal stories matter. Tell the stories of people being impacted by arbitrary religious and ethnic legislation. Staffers want to know.
8. Don't stop. Do whatever small part you can do to keep raising your voice to your representatives. Not just this issue, but every way marginalized people are being (or will be) exploited under this President."
(Copy, paste and repost to keep passing it.)
Follow me on Facebook under Gary Peterson for current updates.
Follow me on Daily Kos where I write as 'Naikeg'